How does the ZoomInfo Community and the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor Work?
ZoomInfo offers a service called ZoomInfo Community. To subscribe to ZoomInfo Community, you are required to install software offered on the Site, known as the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor (the "Software") or otherwise provide ZoomInfo with access to your email account. When you subscribe to ZoomInfo Community, you allow ZoomInfo to access certain Business Information stored by the application that your computer uses to manage your email and contacts, known as an "email client" (e.g., Microsoft Outlook) or stored by a provider of cloud services for email (e.g. Google Apps). If required to access this Business Information stored on your computer's email and contact application(s), you may need to provide ZoomInfo with the necessary username and password information. We use this Business Information to improve the size and quality of our Directory. In exchange for allowing this access, you receive a subscription to ZoomInfo Community at no charge under specified terms and conditions (available at /business/about-zoominfo/terms-conditions).
From the contacts within your email client and "signatures" within email messages, we collect the following Business Information, if available, for each person:
- Email address
- Job title and department
- Business phone numbers (general, direct and fax)
- Company name
- Postal address of company
- Business related postal address of person
- Corporate website URLs
- Social Networking URLs
- The date the email message was sent or received
- Email addresses, names and job titles of recipients and senders
- Business Information Only - ZoomInfo only wants business-related information. Therefore, any contacts that have an address from a consumer-oriented service such as Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo are disregarded.
- Anonymity - We do not disclose who contributed particular Information using the ZoomInfo Contact Contributor software or other contribution methods. (The only exceptions: See "Disclosures to Service Providers," "Disclosures for Legal Reasons," and "Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company," below.)
- Opt Out - Anyone added to the Directory may request to be removed at any time, via email, web or a toll-free number. We promptly honor such requests.
Information from your email client will continue to be shared as described above as long as the Software remains installed. If you choose to stop sharing Information from your email client with ZoomInfo, you can uninstall the Software at any time following the instructions at/cefaq. You may not, however, retroactively "unshare" the Business Information you have already made available to ZoomInfo.
How else does ZoomInfo Collect and Use Information?
Visitors to our Site may choose to submit their name, email address and/or other information so that they can learn more about our services, register to take part in a ZoomInfo-sponsored event, or participate in a survey, contest or sweepstakes, among other things.
If you choose to use our referral service to invite a friend to join ZoomInfo, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. ZoomInfo will use this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and will not store your friend's name or email address.
ZoomInfo may aggregate collected information about our users in a form that does not allow users to be personally identified for the purpose of understanding our customer base and enhancing the services that we and our strategic partners and customers can provide you.
If you purchase one of our online subscription-based services, you will need to provide credit card information. We will use that information solely for the purpose of fulfilling your ZoomInfo purchase request. We will store credit card information in an encrypted form and will not sell, share or use it again without your prior consent. (The only exceptions are described in the sections below on "Disclosures to Service Providers," "Disclosures for Legal Reasons," and "Disclosures to a Buyer of the Company").